This year’s plant sale is being held at a different location—River Root Farm, 2862 Locust Road, Decorah, IA, 52101—but will feature the same open-pollinated and heirloom plants offered by Seed Savers Exchange in years past, with a few exceptions. (See FAQs below.)
COVID-19 Safety Precautions: Masks are encouraged while shopping at River Root Farm.
How to Register
- Time slots are available starting from 8 am to 4 pm on each day of the plant sale.
- Each hour of the plant sale has four reservation times. Each reservation provides an hour of shopping time and is limited to two individuals. If your group is larger than two, please register the additional individuals separately.
- To register, please click on the registration button at the top or bottom of this page. You will be directed to a registration calendar where you can pick the day you would like to shop.
- Once you have chosen your day and time, you will be directed to a final page to confirm your reservation and provide an email address and phone number. This contact information will not be used for marketing purposes or shared with anyone outside of SSE. In the event of unforeseen changes or circumstances, we may need to provide you with updated information.
- Is there handicapped-accessible parking? Yes, there is accessible parking. If you are in need of an accessible parking space, please indicate that when registering.
- Are there restroom facilities? There are no restrooms onsite at River Root Farm; however, there is a portable toilet.
- What forms of payment are accepted? River Root Farm accepts cash, check, credit cards, and debit cards.
- Are prairie plants, fruit trees, and bare roots available at the plant sale? No, these items will not be for sale at River Root Farm. However, a full selection of prairie plants, fruit (apple, cherry, peach, pear, and plum) trees, and bare roots (like grapes, rhubarb, strawberries, and more) will be available at the Lillian Goldman Visitors Center at Seed Savers Exchange’s Heritage Farm, 3074 North Winn Road, Decorah, IA 52101. No reservation required to shop at the LGVC.
- Are the parking and sale areas paved? No, so in the event of inclement weather, terrain may be muddy.