Discover rare heirlooms, storied varieties, and beloved favorites to plant in your own garden at Seed Savers Exchange’s Lillian Goldman Visitor Center. As in years past, we are offering a wide variety of heirloom and open-pollinated vegetable, herb, and flower seeds—as well as various fruit trees and garden tools—ready for you to take home and plant or use in your garden.
This year, however, to ensure the health and safety of our staff, customers, and community in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our normal onsite shopping experience to an online pre-order and drive-thru pick-up format.
Order pickup will take place outside the Lillian Goldman Visitors Center at Seed Savers Exchange’s Heritage Farm, 3074 North Winn Rd, Decorah, Iowa. Just place your order online and then schedule a time to pick up your order per instructions below. Please note that the Lillian Goldman Visitors Center will remain closed until further notice and there will be no shopping on-site at Heritage Farm. Thank you for supporting our mission to save and share open-pollinated varieties today and for generations to come!
How it works
- Start shopping! We are offering a wide variety of open-pollinated plants from which to choose. We strongly encourage placing your order online; however, orders may also be placed by calling the Lillian Goldman Visitors Center at 563-382-6104.
- Check out and schedule a day and time to pick up your order in person via drive-thru pickup outside the Lillian Goldman Visitors Center at Seed Savers Exchange. Pick up your order. Please note that in order for your pickup to go as smoothly as possible, it is important that you arrive within your chosen time slot. When you place your order, you must schedule a pickup day and time for your order. Pickup times are available on the hour and half-hour seven days a week from 10 am to 4 pm CST. Your earliest possible pickup day and time will be three days from when you place your order, and you will have a three-day window from that first date. (For example, if you place your order on a Wednesday, your first possible pickup date will be on Saturday of that same week. You may select a time that Saturday, Sunday, or Monday to pick up your order.) Order pickups will take place rain or shine.
Please Note: If you do not pick up your order at your assigned day and time, you will need to reschedule pick up of your order by calling the Lillian Goldman Visitors Center at (563) 382-6104 or emailing LGVCorders@seedsavers.org.
- Once you place your order, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions, including a map of our distribution site at Heritage Farm as well as a table assignment for picking up your order. Seed Savers Exchange staff will be on-site; however, you are expected to pick up and carry your plant order to your car. Please be assured we have enacted strict sanitation protocols on-site.
Terms and conditions
- For ease of your shopping experience, we encourage you to shop and pay online. If you wish to pay by any form other than credit card, you will need to call the Lillian Goldman Visitor Center at (563) 382-6104. There will be no same-day, on-site sales at the Lillian Goldman Visitors Center at Heritage Farm.
- We are accepting payment for orders placed online by credit card only. Your credit card will be charged for the entire order amount at the time of purchase. We will offer no refunds or exchanges on orders. Please carefully check your order before submitting it as we will be unable to make changes to your order once you submit it. There will also be no refunds or exchanges for orders that are not picked up. If there is a problem with your order, please call the Lillian Goldman Visitor Center at (563) 382-6104.
- We guarantee your transplants will be healthy at pickup, ready to thrive in your garden. We strongly encourage you to inspect all items carefully when you pick them up as we will be issuing no exchanges or refunds.
Questions? Please contact us via phone at (563) 382-6104 or email at LGVCorders@seedsavers.org.